A refreshing treat on a hot summer day. It tastes especially good during heat wave!
2.5 cups pineapple, blended (fresh is best)
1 cup lemon, juiced
3/4 – 1 cup of sweetener (depending on taste)
1/2 cup water
Step 1: Prepare the base
1. Blend pineapple. It might be roughly 3 cups of fresh pineapple to get the 2.5 cups of blended. But it depends on how big your chunks are cut.
2. Juice lemon. It might take 5-8 lemons depending how much juice it produces.
3. Heat up the water until warm. You want it just hot enough to melt the sweetener.
4. Add the sweetener to the water and stir until all the solid bits are melted.
5. Mix the pineapple, lemon and sugar water together.
Step 2: Refrigerate
1. Put the sorbet base into the fridge overnight.
2. Remember to put the ice cream bowl into the freezer overnight as well.
Step 3: Churn
1. Assemble the ice cream maker.
2. Pour in the sorbet base while the machine is running.
3. Let the machine run until the sorbet starts to overflow the freezer bowl.
Step 4: Freeze
1. Once you take it out of the machine, the texture is a bit like soft serve ice cream. You will need to put it in the freezer for a few hours or over night to get the scoop-able sorbet texture.