One of my summer obsessions this year is mango ice cream… Who doesn’t love mango!
3 cups pureed mango
1 cup cashew cream or coconut cream
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup sweetener
1/4 tsp xantham gum
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup raw cashew
1/2 cup water
Step 1: Cashew Cream (optional)
1. Soak the cashews either overnight or at a minimum 4-6 hours.
2. Rinse the softened cashews, and drain the water.
3. Add the cashews to a blender and add the water.
4. Blend until smooth.
Step 2: Ice Cream Base
1. In a bowl, add 3 cups of pureed mango. You can use canned pureed mango, or blend fresh mango.
2. Add in the cashew cream, or coconut cream. This will give you the creaminess in the ice cream.
3. Add lemon juice. This will give brightness, and enhance the mango flavour.
4. Add the sweetener and xantham gum. If you are using sugar, you will need to dissolve the sugar and xantham gum in a little bit of water before adding it to the mixture.
5. Add salt.
6. Mix until well incorporated.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
Don’t forget to put in the ice cream bowl in the freezer overnight.
Step 3: Churn the Ice Cream
1. Assemble the ice cream maker.
2. Pour in the ice cream base while the machine is running.
3. Let the machine run until the ice cream no longer flows and is one solid mass that just spins around the bowl.
Step 4: Freeze
Once you take it out of the machine, the texture is a bit like soft serve ice cream. You will need to put it in the freezer for a few hours or over night to get the scoop-able ice cream texture. You may need to microwave it for about 15-30 seconds once you take it out of the freezer to get the smooth scoops with an ice cream scoop.