The resulting creamy smooth matcha ice cream is such a refreshing treat during the summer. If you have never tried matcha ice cream, I challenge you to give it a try.
Non-dairy ice cream base
2-3 Tbs matcha powder
* Don’t forget to put the ice cream machine bowl in the freezer
Step 1: Prepare Ice Cream Base
1. Prepare the ice cream base as described
Step 2: Matcha
1. Add the matcha powder during the cooking stage of making the base. You will need to use a whisk to make sure that the powder is well incorporated with no lumps.
Step 3: Refrigerate
1. Put the macha base into the fridge overnight.
Step 4: Churn the Ice Cream
1. Assemble the ice cream maker.
2. Pour in the ice cream base while the machine is running.
3. Let the machine run until the ice cream no longer flows and is one solid mass that just spins around the bowl.
Step 5: Freeze
Once you take it out of the machine, the texture is a bit like soft serve ice cream. You will need to put it in the freezer for a few hours or over night to get the scoop-able ice cream texture. You may need to microwave it for about 15-30 seconds once you take it out of the freezer to get the smooth scoops with an ice cream scoop.