1 leaf of bok choy
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 inch piece of ginger
1 Tbsp hemp or chia seeds
1 tsp Spirulina
1 cup water or coconut water
Blend the bok choy, ginger and coconut water first until liquid. Add remaining ingredients until smooth.
TIP: Remember to get the smoothest smoothie and to avoid leafy chunks, blend your greens and liquid first, then add the remaining fruits. Cheers!
- Bok Choy is one of the popular leafy-vegetables very low in calories. Nonetheless, it is very rich source of many vital phyto-nutrients, vitamins, minerals and health-benefiting anti-oxidants.
- Pineapple strengthens bones. Pineapples are also popular for their ability to build and maintain strong bones. This is because these fruits contain manganese, which is a trace mineral that your body needs to build bones and connective tissues. In fact, if you consume a cup of pineapple, you can already get 73 percent of your total body requirement for manganese.
- Ginger combats Stomach discomfort. Ginger is ideal in assisting digestion, thereby improving food absorption and avoiding possible stomach ache. Ginger appears to reduce inflammation in a similar way to aspirin and ibuprofen
- Hemp seeds is a high protein seed containing all nine of the essential amino acids (like flax). It also has high amounts of fatty acids and fiber as well as containing vitamin E and trace minerals. It has a balanced ratio of omega 3 to 6 fats at around a three to one ratio.
- Coconut water is a great source of electrolytes, such as potassium, necessary for proper hydration