I make this lasagne over and over. I use the homemade pasta sauce in this blog.
If I do run out of time though, I will cheat with store bought spaghetti sauce. I add some onions, celery, carrots turkey chicken pepperoni and cook it with the store bought spaghetti sauce.
1L Pasta sauce
6 lasagna noodles
1 16 oz container ricotta cheese
1 Bag prewashed spinach, chopped
3/4 pound mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lay the lasagna noodles in a pan, cover with boiling water and leave for about 1/2 hour.
- Beat the egg, mix in the ricotta cheese. Add the chopped spinach and mix.
- In the lasagna dish, add about 1/2 cup of the sauce to the bottom,
- lay 3 noodles on top of the sauce
- Spread all the ricotta/spinach mixture on top of the noodles
- Lay the remaining 2 noodles on top
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the noodles
- Top evenly with the cheese
- Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, spray foil with cooking oil
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.