Shhhhhh I’ll let you in on my secret… When I’m rushed, my go to cake recipe is a box cake. However, I don’t follow the directions on the back of the box. This recipe turns out a fluffy moist cake every time, and I can make loafs, cupcakes and cakes. I can also mix and match different kinds of flavours based on box cake and pudding mix I choose. My favourite is lemon cake and lemon pudding. What is your favourite?
1 package cake mix
1 package instant pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1/2 cup apple sauce
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the beaten eggs, water, oil and sour cream. Slowly mix in the cake and pudding mixes.
- Lightly grease the pans of your choice.
- Pour the batter into the pans
- Bake according to the times instructed on the back of the box according to the type of pan you chose, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.