I found this yummy carrot soup recipe. It has a hint of thai flavour. To top it off, it’s good for you too. The ginger and cumin help digestion, garlic and onion help liver detoxification. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
2 tablespoons oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons ginger, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
6 carrots, washed and chopped
1/2 (12-14 oz) can coconut milk, unsweetened
1/2 almond or soy milk
1 cup vegetable broth
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 lemon, juiced
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onions, and cook for another minute.
- Add the cumin and stir well, cook until fragrant (will take less than a minute).
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk, milk, kaffir lime leaves and vegetable broth. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender, or scoop into a regular blender. If soup is too thick, add a little extra stock.
- Add lemon juice to taste (I like it sour, so you may want to use a little less), plus a little sea salt and lemon pepper.
- Top with cilantro if desired.